Thursday, March 21, 2013

Still here...

Would you believe that "Write a Blog Post" has been on my to-do list for the last 10 months? Most of the non-urgent things on my list just don't get done around here - or at least not by me. Perhaps it's a good thing that the state of the bathroom does eventually reach urgent. Ha.

Here's some of the chaos in my head:

It's been an eventful ten months. Daughter #2 was born two months ago - I'm thinking any mental creativity I used to have to think about writing got transferred to literal physical creativity as I incubated a baby. And Daughter #1 is now a quite precocious nearly-two-and-a-half-year-old who goes goes goes. So much for sleeping when the baby sleeps!

I was very fortunate to receieve 6 weeks of parental leave, but a 10 day visit from my dear mother-in-law, colds that wouldn't quit, followed by a 3 night hospitalization for the newborn, meant that my time off went by way too quickly for me. I'd had a few small goals for my leave - things like getting all the maternity clothes out of the closet, washed and boxed up or given back to the lender. That task didn't seem overly ambitious, though it still hasn't happened.

Coming back to congregational life in the middle of Lent has been plenty challenging, too, though this Lent has been the least "Lenty" of any Lent I can remember. I'm sure I'll have more coherent things to say about that later. Right now I'm trying to get into the swing of things enough to finish planning worship and writing sermons for Good Friday, the Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday. Urgent, at least, so they will get done.

The list of blogs I read on a semi-regular basis has shifted some: more parenting, more house-keeping, more theolgoy and church life. And a couple of colleague-friends who used to write frequent and fabulous blog posts haven't posted in a year or more. I get that. And I really don't want the "one year since I posted anything" mark to come and go. So here it is. In all it's random, badly written glory: a first post in an extremely long time. We'll see if I can get back in the groove and keep writing.

I don't always feel like myself, but I am still here...

No comments: